Consulting Fans: Shannon, Geny, Dixie, B, and Caroline
In this episode: #Setlock is back and so are we, with a top ten list of this week’s spoilers for the Sherlock special.
Art by Fox Estacado
– Benedict & Martin (of course)
– Jonathan Aris (Anderson)
– David Nellist (Stamford!)
– Why is Mark not in costume?
– Who haven’t we seen? (Mrs Hudson (was at readthrough), Janine, Irene – though there is ‘The Woman in White’, Anthea, Donovan)
– Sherlock & John – the hair, moustache, lack of hats? –> final costume touch ups indoors?   
– Anderson – mortician? 
–> extra: 
–> presence of more than one dressed like this indicates mortician/autopsy team:  
– Amanda in costume (what is the coat hiding, and what about her hair?)  
– Bristol Colston Hall cellars (a possible Victorian era St. Bart’s) 
– 221B or not 221B – the mystery of the missing Arwel 221B pics – are we to expect a Victorian era 221B? 
– North Gower Street filming? 
4. Resulting Theories
– Where is Moriarty?
“Whatever the answer, the Sherlock special – currently in pre-production and due to start shooting in January – will solve the mystery “completely”, co-creator Mark Gatiss has assured me.” 
– Who is the Woman in White? (not actress but to the story)
–> dead? alive? bride? sleeping?  (Victorian nightgown)  flower crown? 
– still murder mystery possible after leaked set pics?
– is it all DUN DUN DUNnNNNNNnnn a dream/the mind palace/ someone being in a coma?
– how is our fav theory by thebusylilbee holding up? (book deal John – story set in 1895)
– stand alone possible?
– hello trolling my old friend
–> could they be trolling us with the costumes (no)
–> DW and SH shooting at same time – is it a crossover after all?
–> decoy actors on set? (ain’t nobody got money for that)
5. Oh Christmaslock oh Christmaslock
– Christmas special or not?
– where is the christmas-y aspect
– do we KNOW it will be a Christmas special content -wise or transmission-wise?
–> BC and MF refer to it as Christmas special    
–> Gatiss and Moffat point out it is at the BBC’s discretion when to transmit   and tend to refer to it as a special . Tangentially, Gatiss has expressed a fondness for A Christmas Carol. 
6. Ringwatch Continues
– Ring seen? no –> MF video arriving on set – quality too low to make out ring
– but Mary is present
–> Seeing how obviously 19th century Bart’s is presented and Stamford is there – we could assume John and Mary are married (though their relationship does not exist in ASIS/P?)
– Amanda with rings, greeting fans  (own or characters)  (not her wedding ring though – neither the engagement ring 
7. Let’s Talk canon?
– “As far back as 2011, Mark Gatiss proclaimed his love for the seasonally-based The Adventure of the Blue Carbuncle, telling Radio Times, ‘I’d love to use it as the basis for a Sherlock Christmas special.’” 
-But what about The Adventure of the Sussex Vampire? 
8. Future Location in Bath – Queen Street
9. Debunking Setlock Mysteries
– what false rumours have we heard so far?
–> Andrew was NOT sighted on set 
–> Mark, Loo, Una pic – 2012 Donmar 
–> Why is the Sherlock coat on site? 
–> Why is John’s coat on site? 
–> Christmas on setlock 
–> Head in a jar via Mark Gatiss 
10. Setlock Housekeeping
– No leaked/stolen/sneaked/sold set pics
– No room for fans @ Bath for fans 
– Is there less setlock? – keep time of year in mind, as well as possible script content which doesn’t call for outdoor filming –> set filming in Cardiff (doesn’t mean it is not happening – setlock only happens when setlock… comes to us)
Other links of interest:
The #setlock hashtag on Twitter 
Geny’s daily spoiler roundup posts 
The #ShSpesh tag on Tumblr 
The #ShSpesh hashtag on Twitter 
Please remember when contacting us concerning spoilers to include SPOILERS in your email header.
Tumblr: http://three-patch-spoilercast.tumblr.com/ (or our main Tumblr at http://threepatchpodcast.tumblr.com/)
Unless otherwise indicated, all music is available for purchase through online retailers such as amazon.com and iTunes.
– Rockwell, Somebody’s Watching Me
How to Cite
Three Patch Productions (Producer). (2015, January 11). Spoilercast Episode 22: #Setlock And Back Again. Three patch podcast. Podcast retrieved from http://www.three-patch.com/2015/01/11/spoilercast-22-setlock-and-back-again