Spoilercast 32: Paging Doctor #Setlock
In which episode 1 wraps up quietly and we catch up on the first week of filming for episode 2.
Consulting Fans: Caroline, Cupidford
Links in the show:
- Episode 2 has started, Nick Hurran directing (HLV director) with Neville Kidd DP, Benjamin Caron hints he’ll be joining (episode 3 then?)
- Early sightings / last of filming for episode 1
- Ben sighted at Welsh assembly on May 2 (set at end of HLV where Mycroft has “other one” convo with sir Edwin), Arwel photographed there but posted on May 6
- Bro loc signs spotted but nothing tracked to shooting on May 3
- Studio day teased on May 4
- Recces at beach on May 5
- Claire has early shoot on weekend, May 6
- Sarah says costume fittings on May 9 and 12
- Recces teasing, including North Gower/Speedy’s and London 
- Teaser photos from Arwel of skulls and falls  and props crew working
- Serbian casting: Aleksandar Mikic as interrogation guard in episode 1
- Cooke S5 lenses delivered to Neville Kidd
- May 11 readthrough and first page of script
- Week 1 of filming starts, Toby Jones confirmed as one of ACD’s “finest villains” and called “chilling” by Beryl
- Canon thoughts
- Culverton Smith — Dying Detective (Granada)
- Red Headed League — victim was ginger, not baddie John Clay (fourth most clever man in London?)
- James Windibank / Baron Adelbert Gruner- ladies men
- Hugo Oberstein – Second Stain and Bruce-Partington Plans
- Canon thoughts
- Cardiff University Students Union filming 
- Day 1, May 16
- Day 2 at SU, May 17
- Chairs removed, get well balloons added
- Filming moved to 4th floor to room at end of corridor, but curtain blocks view
- Ben in sweats, unconfirmed dressing gown reports, Toby, Amanda, and nurse were spotted (as well as a male actor in scrubs) 
- Sue, Steve, and Mark also on set 
- Martin spotted in the morning and buying records and taking pics with fans midday  but not in afternoon
- Prop signage spotted (2nd floor) – Gedgrave hospital
- Psychiatric unit, admissions, cardiac ICU, occupational therapy, physiotherapy, wards 23, 24, 28, 29, patient advice and liaison service, friends of Gedgrave office, main reception
- 4 – radiology/ultrasound, burns unit | kingfisher wing, vitreo retinal eme–
- 3 – endoscopy, cardiology ECG, urology investigations | ultrasound, clinical tutorial c–, research and development, functional assessment, orthoptics
- 2 – electrophysiology
- John Gedgrave from Granada Dying Detective (interestingly, John Gedgrave = Frank Carter)
- Amanda not on set but went back to Cardiff later in the day, presumably for next day shooting
- Unconfirmed/rumor: pregnant brunette 25-40 wanted by Mad Dog Casting
- Day 3 at SU
- Unconfirmed: silver hair (and possibly bearded) man in scrubs, Mark dressed as Mycroft, Ben in sweats again (4th floor again). Mark spotted later but not in costume.
- Amanda tweet of shoes and jeans from trailer, later in different outfit (same as Day 1)
- Martin and Ben sightings , filming behind curtain in third floor lounge (see reference pics), lines heard but not reported .
- Y Plas, which is event space, was closed off all day, but unclear if filming took place. Martin spotted exiting there at end of day.
- Two of Arwel’s previous tweets of strobe/laser and lamps are apparently from Y Plas 
- Amanda goes back to London.
- Rest of the week
Please remember when contacting us concerning spoilers to include SPOILERS in your email header.
Tumblr: http://three-patch-spoilercast.tumblr.com/ (or our main Tumblr at http://threepatchpodcast.tumblr.com/)
Episode Producer: Caroline
Episode Audio Editor: B
Banner Art: Fox Estacado
Distribution funded by fans!
Unless otherwise indicated, all music is available for purchase through online retailers such as amazon.com and iTunes.
- Show Intro/Outro – Rockwell, Hit Me With Your 80’s Box: Somebody’s Watching Me (Single Version)
How to Cite
By Fans 4 Fans (Producer). (2016, May 22). Spoilercast Episode 32: Paging Doctor #Setlock. Three patch podcast. Podcast retrieved from http://three-patch.com/2016/05/01/spoilercast-32