The Hollow Crown

For actor, creator, and celebrity talk adjacent to BBC Sherlock. Including Benedict Cumberbatch, Martin Freeman, Rupert Graves, Loo Brealey, Amanda Abbington, Lara Pulver, Andrew Scott, Steven Moffat, and Mark Gatiss.
FoxEstacado
Consulting Fan
Setlocked & spoiled: NO

The Hollow Crown

Postby FoxEstacado » January 21st, 2016, 7:00 pm

Whooo!! Trailers!

I'm struggling to watch these myself:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/mediap ... k&ns_fee=0

Embedded video posted by BBC Two Twitter:
https://twitter.com/BBCTwo/status/690235933807906816

Caroline
Consulting Fan
Setlocked & spoiled: yes

Re: The Hollow Crown

Postby Caroline » January 22nd, 2016, 7:46 am

I need to seriously get into more Shakespeare. I think I'm really into it now after going through so many different Hamlets in preparation for Benedict's. I watched...hmm, the David Tennant Hamlet a long while back, but then I watched Mel Gibson Hamlet, the Ethan Hawke Hamlet, about half the Kenneth Branagh Hamlet (sorry, Chelsea and Finn...). Never did track down the Laurence Olivier Hamlet. And I learned later that Mark Rylance was Hamlet?! (Big fan of his now after Bridge of Spies.)

Ahh but Richard III. The historical plays are the worst for me; hubs had to tell me tonight that RIII is "you know, the 'my kingdom for a horse' one." I'm looking forward to seeing Benedict in more Shakespeare; the words just flowed so well when he did Hamlet. He has a gift for it. But I feel like I wanna look at how other people do Richard III so that I have some background in the role.
Caroline, aka avawatson/avawtsn. Here for the johnlock. <3

fresne
Homeless Network

Postby fresne » January 22nd, 2016, 1:41 pm

Gah, it looks so amazing. Well, so did the last set of movies. It's always great when you can see the full set of the Henry VI 1-3, and Richard III. It can give such a great continuity. Also, whoever plays Queen Margaret has more room to chew scenery.

Given that the last version did such a great job with the battle sequences, I've very curious to see how they balance Richard the schemer with Richard the soldier. Okay, and yes, Richard wooing Lady Anne over the corpse of her dead husband. That's going to be fun.

Caroline
Consulting Fan

Postby Caroline » January 22nd, 2016, 11:36 pm

fresne wrote:Gah, it looks so amazing. Well, so did the last set of movies. It's always great when you can see the full set of the Henry VI 1-3, and Richard III. It can give such a great continuity. Also, whoever plays Queen Margaret has more room to chew scenery.

Given that the last version did such a great job with the battle sequences, I've very curious to see how they balance Richard the schemer with Richard the soldier. Okay, and yes, Richard wooing Lady Anne over the corpse of her dead husband. That's going to be fun.

Hahahaa, this is all spoilers to me and it just makes it sound crazy. Not that I care about spoilers though. I look forward to this! I wish we had an air date? I don't think we do, although the festival bbc is putting on is for the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death. A timely anniversary wouldn't technically be until April 23, hmm.
Caroline, aka avawatson/avawtsn. Here for the johnlock. <3

fresne
Homeless Network

Postby fresne » January 23rd, 2016, 3:29 am

Caroline wrote:Hahahaa, this is all spoilers to me and it just makes it sound crazy. Not that I care about spoilers though. I look forward to this! I wish we had an air date? I don't think we do, although the festival bbc is putting on is for the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death. A timely anniversary wouldn't technically be until April 23, hmm.

I'd say oops, but... well, there's 4 plays to get through. Plenty of spoilers. +Soliloquies. I'd say not crazy but... well, you'll see.

Yeah, I'd say April 23rd makes sense given the production value.

CatesFeathers
Homeless Network

Postby CatesFeathers » January 23rd, 2016, 4:40 am

I am curious, does anyone know when this will air here? I think PBS aired older "episodes" of other plays under the heading "Great Performances".
(-, -)♥(-, -)
/)__) (__(\
-"--"- -"--"-
Have you engaged in a "Random Act of Kindness" today?

SarahTheCoat
Client

Postby SarahTheCoat » December 2nd, 2016, 5:22 am

I just recently noticed that PBS is going to air the three shows again, two henrys and the Richard 3 that BC is in. I put the dates on my calendar, hope to catch them on the web site.
SarahTheCoat

Return to “Sherlock actors and other projects”