Revisiting Sorting Sherlock post series 4 -- John Watson

Talk BBC Sherlock. Meta, fic recs, watchalongs, cinematography, meetups, polls, you name it. UNSPOILED.
Forum rules
This is a spoiler-free space. What is a spoiler? Anything spoiled by the BBC/Hartswood films. Consider before posting what this means for: cast, costumes, props, sets.
Caroline
Consulting Fan
Setlocked & spoiled: yes

Revisiting Sorting Sherlock post series 4 -- John Watson

Postby Caroline » January 24th, 2017, 10:39 am

There was some interesting discourse on my Twitter timeline in the last couple days about the Hogwarts house of none other than John Watson. The last time the podcast sorted him, it was a long conversation that spanned episodes 7 and 7.5. You can take a listen here if you like:

But that was back in summer 2013. We've gotten two whole series and TAB since then. And with new data data data, I'm fairly tempted to try to re-sort him, or to see other people try to sort him anyway. I'm not sold on sorting him into Slytherin, but I was very interested to hear other people make the argument at least. Anyway, here are some talking points that caught my eye, anyway:

• John is brave but is he reckless? He's got a good sense of self-preservation, he's mostly a loner (*cough*), and he has his own non-standard moral compass.
  • What does mind!Mary represent in terms of what he wants for himself? Would John make the choice like Harry did to go into Gryffindor, when Slytherin was the other option?
Thoughts? Much thanks to Ori/@darkfuckbee and Meg/@midgetnazgul for the conversation.
Caroline, aka avawatson/avawtsn. Here for the johnlock. <3

SarahTheCoat
Client
Setlocked & spoiled: yes

Re: Revisiting Sorting Sherlock post series 4 -- John Watson

Postby SarahTheCoat » March 3rd, 2017, 7:02 am

Interesting. The sorting discussions were all VERY good, so revisiting them in the light of new material, and with new panelists, sounds like a great idea.
SarahTheCoat

Return to “Sherlock”