Episode 62: The Meme-ry Palace

The public-facing forums related to TPP, our episodes, roundtables, announcements, feedback, and more.
Caroline
Consulting Fan
Setlocked & spoiled: yes

Episode 62: The Meme-ry Palace

Postby Caroline » April 1st, 2017, 7:20 am

Download or stream here!

In our annual homage to crack, it’s memes all the way down. We ship Shermit, interview Cro-Babies, put on a sorting hat of memes, talk to fanvidders, and drunkenly retell the Dying Detective.

Artwork as always is by Fox Estacado!
Caroline, aka avawatson/avawtsn. Here for the johnlock. <3

Alessnox
Client

Re: Episode 62: The Meme-ry Palace

Postby Alessnox » April 3rd, 2017, 11:58 pm

I'm surprised no one has commented yet. This was an excellent podcast. It had me smiling all the way through. I had lots of thoughts, but they are little things so I will probably have to get back to you on my specific opinions. I did find it insightful that our two most recent crack ships were both started by official sources. Odd.

I see some people sort of coming to terms with season 4. The consensus opinion that I believe we will agree on in the end is the same one found in the Hitchiker's guide to the galaxy about why Arthur Dent wants tea which is, to paraphrase Douglas Adams, because they're just a bunch of mindless apes that don't know any better.

I am starting to get over it, but I have not yet had the heart to watch my copy of season 4 yet. I wonder how it was received internationally.
Anyway, cheers.
RH

SarahTheCoat
Client

Postby SarahTheCoat » April 10th, 2017, 8:40 pm

LOVE the cro-babies!! :D this fandom, really, is the best thing that could have ever happened to us.
In general, I'm loving the explosion of fix it fic and art that brings John & Sherlock together the way many of us wanted to see on screen and were denied. If it's up to us to do it, we are doing a great job.
Shermit is pretty good too, and it's wild that it came from official channels, but.... I wonder about the "staying power"? like, compared to the cro-babies, who have a committed, invested fan who sounds like she is going to continue to create and share around them. I see a little bit of kermit fan art here and there, but not sure how much is new, and how much is just still circulating from that one week in January.
SarahTheCoat

Alessnox
Client

Postby Alessnox » April 18th, 2017, 2:00 am

I listened to this podcast again, and it was just as enjoyable the second time. Just wanted to add kudoes for the segment on vidding. I love vidding and it was good to hear from some vidders about their process. It would be so nice if there was a website we could meet to discuss techniques for vidding and audio work.

By the way did you see the magazine, Videlicet at vidders.github.io ? It has some excellent articles on vidding.

In the show, you said that you were planning to do a sorting for Eurus, but won't that take about two minutes while you all decide that she is in Slytherin? She is a one note character. There is literally no argument for any of the other house at all.
Anyway, cheers
Aless Nox

Caroline
Consulting Fan

Postby Caroline » April 18th, 2017, 10:18 pm

Alessnox wrote:I listened to this podcast again, and it was just as enjoyable the second time. Just wanted to add kudoes for the segment on vidding. I love vidding and it was good to hear from some vidders about their process. It would be so nice if there was a website we could meet to discuss techniques for vidding and audio work.

By the way did you see the magazine, Videlicet at vidders.github.io ? It has some excellent articles on vidding.

In the show, you said that you were planning to do a sorting for Eurus, but won't that take about two minutes while you all decide that she is in Slytherin? She is a one note character. There is literally no argument for any of the other house at all.
Anyway, cheers
Aless Nox

I'll pass on your link to the vidders from the panel, Aless, thanks! It's funny that you bring up the Eurus sorting, as I'm currently trying to cut it down from an hour-long discussion, and I expect it's going to have an extended cut as well. And Slytherin hasn't actually been a strong contender amongst the four panelists (spoiler alert there).
Caroline, aka avawatson/avawtsn. Here for the johnlock. <3

Return to “Three Patch Podcast”